Why Vedanta forums?
Shravanam or attentive listening to scriptures :
- Vedanta is the spiritual philosophy component of the Vedas
- It is timeless; very practically applicable & effective even in today’s world
- Empowers individuals to live a dynamic and fulfilled life
- Regular education teaches one to make a living, whereas Vedanta teaches one to make a ‘life’
- Seva done with the right thinking brings deeper fulfillment
- Helps eliminates blind faith & superstition
- Helps develop & strengthen bhakti (true devotion)
Attending talks by various visiting CM Swamijis as well as being a regular participant of the various sessions conducted by Sushmaji & Sivaji helps introduce & reinforce concepts of Vedanta.
Mananam or contemplating on the knowledge heard (Study Groups):
Concepts are best understood when discussed in a interactive forum, which is what study groups provide.
What is a study group?
A group of 5-15 adults engaged in the discussion of Vedantic topics based on the curriculum of books as prescribed by our masters
Why does one need to attend a study group?
Mere listening does not help. These ideas are to be reflected upon deeply and digested slowly. This process
is hastened only when you discuss what you have studied with others.
This is not a Chinmaya methodology; it is the most ancient Vedantic tradition of study.
- Regular dose of ‘correct thinking’ & inspiration based on scriptures is essential for efficient living
- Ideas & concepts get better understood and assimilated when discussed in a group
- Encourages group bonding in holistic manner
- Forum not available elsewhere
- Helps one reach one's higher potential
- Swami Chinmayanandaji
CMA Swaranjali is a bhajan group. Different bhajans are practised and learnt in this group.
There are 2 Swaranjali sessions currently.
Current Swaranjali sessions:
Thursday Evenings 8-9 pm – Coordinator – Lalitha Yellumraju
Links to Balavihar Slokas and Bhajans:
Kalaa Seva creates avenues for CMA members to offer their seva to CMA thru the medium of art.
Their aim is to have fundraisers for original art done by CMA sevaks using topics conducive to CM.
Options for various mediums (canvas paintings, clay modeling, handicrafts etc.) will be explored for each year
Plan is also include talented Bala vihar kids & JCHYKs and have them use their creativity to explore CM topics relevant to their age group.
- Participants - Open to all CMA artists (as well as their friends & relatives)
- Art - Original, Creative & framed canvas art paintings only
- Submitted art work to be displayed at auction will be finalized by the kalaa seva coordinators
- Participant artists need to email their name & contact info to Kalaa seva coordinator Ram
Enrichment classes for adults at CMA
CMA offers yoga classes for adults. These classes maybe charged separately unless mentioned otherwise. Please contact instructor for all details.
Online Yoga Classes :
11:10-11:50am Yoga and Pranayama
Class on ZOOM - By Lalitha Yellamraju and Jigna Patel - Zoom Link Here
Meeting ID 844 9779 4989 Pwd: 009310
This class is for 'All Levels'. No experience with yoga needed. Please bring a Yoga mat and log on to the Zoom link.
You will be guided through.
Adult Classes by Sushmaji & Sivaji
To get Zoom ID for classes conducted between 10-1pm on Sunday, please see the Newsletter. For other classes, please contact Sivaji at firstname.lastname@example.org, Sushmaji at email@example.com.
|Sunday||10:00 -11:00am||Bhagavad Gita Ch 5 & Vishnu Sahasranama||Sushmaji|
|Sunday||11:00am-12:00||Bhagavad Gita Ch 5 & Vishnu Sahasranama||Sivaji|
| || || || |
|Tuesday||7:00-8:00pm||Vedic chanting (New session)||Sushmaji|
|Wednesday||8:00-9:00 pm||Bhagavad Gita Ch 5||Sushmaji|
|Saturday||8:30 - 9:30am||Ishavasya Upanishad||Sivaji|
|Saturday||5:30 - 6:30pm||Vivekchudamani||Sushmaji|
Study Groups by CMA Sevaks
To get Zoom ID for classes conducted between 10-1pm on Sunday, please see the Newsletter. For other classes, please contact it's coordinator: Sandeep Gauba at firstname.lastname@example.org, Sudharshan at email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
|Sunday||10:00 -11:00am||Tatva Bodha||Sandeep Gauba|
|Sunday||10:00-11:00am||Self Unfoldment||Kumar Raman|
|Sunday||12 noon||Upanishad Ganga - Video study group||KS Subramanian|
|Sunday||6:30pm||Bhaja Govindam - Marietta Families||Sudharshan|
|Sunday||3:30-4:30pm||Upadesha Sara||Kumar Raman|
|Tuesday||8- 9 pm||Bhaja Govindam||Bhavana & KS|
|Thursday||8- 9 pm||Bhaja Govindam||Shalaka & Gauri|
We have many Seva groups the parents can get involved:
- Yagnas and Retreats - Retreats : Family & youth retreats, Summer Camps for kids,Coordination with visiting Acharya, venue booking,Ordering & Selling books & CDs, Guru Dakshina collection, Tax receipts,Setup & decoration,
Prasad / potluck, video recording.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fundraisers - Navarathri Mela, Ashram Building, Amazon Smile, Kroger Community awards,Mega shows,Banquets,Corporate donors,Company Matches, Other donations/avenues for fund collectionContact us at email@example.com
- Celebrations - Republic day celebration, Guru Paduka Puja, Holi, Diwali, Navratri, Dussera, Mother’s day, Gurudev Jayanti, Tapovan Jayanti, Annual Day, picnic.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org