Why Vedanta forums?
Shravanam or attentive listening to scriptures :
- Vedanta is the spiritual philosophy component of the Vedas
- It is timeless; very practically applicable & effective even in today’s world
- Empowers individuals to live a dynamic and fulfilled life
- Regular education teaches one to make a living, whereas Vedanta teaches one to make a ‘life’
- Seva done with the right thinking brings deeper fulfillment
- Helps eliminates blind faith & superstition
- Helps develop & strengthen bhakti (true devotion)
Attending talks by various visiting CM Swamijis as well as being a regular participant of the various sessions conducted by Sushmaji & Sivaji helps introduce & reinforce concepts of Vedanta.
Mananam or contemplating on the knowledge heard (Study Groups):
Concepts are best understood when discussed in a interactive forum, which is what study groups provide.
What is a study group?
A group of 5-15 adults engaged in the discussion of Vedantic topics based on the curriculum of books as prescribed by our masters
Why does one need to attend a study group?
Mere listening does not help. These ideas are to be reflected upon deeply and digested slowly. This process
is hastened only when you discuss what you have studied with others.
This is not a Chinmaya methodology; it is the most ancient Vedantic tradition of study.
- Regular dose of ‘correct thinking’ & inspiration based on scriptures is essential for efficient living
- Ideas & concepts get better understood and assimilated when discussed in a group
- Encourages group bonding in holistic manner
- Forum not available elsewhere
- Helps one reach one's higher potential
- Swami Chinmayanandaji
CMA Swaranjali is a bhajan group. Different bhajans are practised and learnt in this group.
There are 2 Swaranjali sessions currently.
Current Swaranjali sessions:
Thursday Evenings 8-9 pm – Coordinator – Lalitha Yellumraju
Links to Balavihar Slokas and Bhajans:
Kalaa Seva creates avenues for CMA members to offer their seva to CMA thru the medium of art.
Their aim is to have fundraisers for original art done by CMA sevaks using topics conducive to CM.
Options for various mediums (canvas paintings, clay modeling, handicrafts etc.) will be explored for each year
Plan is also include talented Bala vihar kids & JCHYKs and have them use their creativity to explore CM topics relevant to their age group.
First Silent art auction fundraiser
Kalaa seva did their first silent canvas art auction fundraiser just for CMA families in April.
More than 50% of the paintings got sold with 100% of proceeds being donated to CMA
CMA Summer Art Exhibition & fundraiser
Open to all within & outside CMA
Sat July 21st & July 22nd
- Participants - Open to all CMA artists (as well as their friends & relatives)
- Art - Original, Creative & framed canvas art paintings only
- Dates to submit Artwork - Sun June 30th & Sun July 7th (9:00 - 11:30 am)
- Submitted art work to be displayed at auction will be finalized by the kalaa seva coordinators
- Participant artists need to email their name & contact info to Kalaa seva
Please look out for the updates as we get closer to the fundraiser dates.
Enrichment classes for adults at CMA
CMA offers yoga and dance classes for adults at SFMS. These classes are charged separately unless mentioned otherwise. Please contact instructor for all details.
Yoga Classes :
Sundays 9:45 - 10:45 am at the South Forsyth Middle school gym.
Fee - No charge
Bring a yoga mat
Walk ins welcome
Kathak Classes (for kids (9+) & adults):
Sundays 9:30 - 10:00 am at the South Forsyth Middle school gym.
Teacher - Leera Rawal Leeraji having trained under Kumudiben Lakhia & Birju Maharaj has been practicing and performing for over 30 years. Leeraji is a long time CM devotee and sevak.
Contact Leera Rawal at firstname.lastname@example.org for all details.
Enrichment Classes at Chinmaya Gurukul, 4980 Pittman Rd, Cumming, GA
Adult Classes by Sushmaji & Sivaji
To get Zoom ID, please contact Sivaji at email@example.com, Sushmaji at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Study Groups by CMA Sevaks
||Bhagavad Gita CH 4 & Vishnusahasranama
||Mukundamala & Vishnusahasranama
||Bhagavad Gita Ch 3 – Karma Yoga
||8:30 - 9:30am
||Upanishad class (Ganapati Atharva Shirshopanishad)
||5:00 - 6:00pm
To get Zoom ID, please contact it's coordinator: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
||Upanishad Ganga - Video Study group
||8- 9 pm
||Bhavana & KS
||8- 9 pm
||Shalaka & Gauri
We have many Seva groups the parents can get involved:
Yagnas and Retreats - Retreats : Family & youth retreats, Summer Camps for kids,Coordination with visiting Acharya, venue booking,Ordering & Selling books & CDs,Guru Dakshina collection, Tax receipts,Setup & decoration,
Prasad / potluck,Recording.
Contact us at email@example.com
Fundraisers - Navarathri Mela, Ashram Building, Amazon Smile, Kroger Community awards,Mega shows,Banquets,Corporate donors,Company Matches, Other donations/avenues for fund collection
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Community Service - Puja Seva, Community Seva, CORD Walkathon.
Contact us at email@example.com
Celebrations - Republic day celebration, Guru Paduka Puja, Holi, Diwali, Navratri, Dussera, Mother’s day, Gurudev Jayanti, Tapovan Jayanti, Annual Day, picnic.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org