The competition categories are:
-Art and Writing competitions – 3rd Grade and up
-CORD Tshirt design competitions – 3rd Grade and up
-Speech competition – 5th Grade and up
– There is no registration needed for your kids to participate.
– Language classes will be cancelled on Jan 28th.
– If your child is participating in more than 1 competition, they should do Art and speech on Jan 28th and writing on Feb 4th 9:45-10:45am.
Please go through the rules for the competitions and come 10minutes early with the required supplies.
Topic by grade for Art: (on 1/28/18 9:30am-10:45am in the cafeteria)
All grades – Peace and Harmony
Rules for Art:
1. 11X14 size paper will provided to participants.
2. No paints allowed. Kids can use only dry media: color pencils, crayons, oil pastels, charcoals, and markers. Bring your own supplies in a bag along with pencil and eraser.
3. No parents allowed during the competition.
4. Put your name, teacher’s name and class on the back of the sheet.
5. Add a caption for your artwork on the back.
Rules for Speech:
1. Write a speech in your own words that is 2-3mins long and present it to an audience. Try to memorize it and use an index card for reference.
2. Points will be given for content, effective delivery and eye contact with the audience.
May 9 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
9th – Shankara Jayanti at ashram at 7 pm
May 12 @ 8:30 am - 1:00 pm
Regular sessions at SFMS (11:00 am - 12:30 pm) & Marietta (4:00 PM - 5:30 PM) ; JCHYK session
May 12 @ 9:30 am - 1:00 pm
12th – Matru/pitru puja in assembly
May 19 @ 9:30 am - 1:00 pm
Last day of session at SFMS (11:00 am - 12:30 pm) & Marietta (4:00 PM - 5:30 PM)