Need an account?
Click here to create an account for your family. If you were a CMA family previously, please do not create a new account.
Already have an account?
If you already have an account with us, click here to confirm your membership for next year, update your registration details, register additional children, or make payments.
If you wish to join Chinmaya Mission Alpharetta here is some more information:
- For the Fall session starting in Aug, all applications are processed on a first come first serve basis. Once registered you will receive Newsletter to keep you informed about start of session.
- If classes are already in session at the time your application is made, please allow for at least 1 week for us to process your request. Once we verify that space is available for your child, we will send you an email with further instructions for registering and paying fees.
- We accept new students twice a year – in Fall (Aug-Sep.) and in mid session in 1st 2 weeks of January. This is so that classes are not disrupted by new additions all through out the year. You will be notified via email about when your child can start, class room, teacher name etc.
If your family was part of Chinmaya Mission Alpharetta last year (2020-2021), the children that were enrolled in Balavihar last year are automatically eligible for registration for Aug 2021 - May 2022 year.
However, you must confirm the registration by going through the online process, and paying the fees on time.
- Please login using your primary email address that you had previously registered in our system.
- Once you login, you can verify/correct your details we have for you in the system.
- You will also have the opportunity to sign up for language classes for your child(ren).
- Once you complete the online process, the system will notify you the fees due, and instructions for making the payment.
- Once you log in, you will be presented with a form where you can enter details for the additional child also.
If your family was part of Chinmaya Mission Alpharetta last year (2020-2021), and you wish to add another child to Bala Vihar for this year, please go to the registration login page and select 'Add a child option as part of your family registration.'
Chinmaya Mission Alpharetta offers Balavihar and adult classes at Marietta. In 2020-2021 due to Covid all classes were Online and not offered at this location. We are hoping to resume in person classes in Fall 2021. Please use the registration links above to signup.
- Location: Powers Ferry Elementary school, 403 Powers ferry road, Marietta, GA - 30067
- Timings: Sundays 4-5:30 pm
- Fees for Aug 2021 - May 2022 is: $150 for family with no kids; $300 for family with 1 kid; $450 for family with 2 or more kid. There will be a registration fee of $50 for families joining/paying after July 15th.
You must use the email where you receive the weekly CMA Newsletter as your login email. If you forgot your password, go to the Forgot Password? link.
- You will receive an email with verification code that will help you reset your password.
- In case you do not find the email, check your junk mail box/spam filter.
- In case the email address does not work, try the email address of the other Parent in your family profile. If all addresses are rejected, or you don’t receive the email with the password, please send an email to
CMAlpharetta.firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, name of your children.
Fees, Deadline, and Cancellation Policy
CMA is a 501(c) (3) non-profit organization and is run entirely by volunteers. All the fees are used for operational costs of conducting the Bala Vihar classes for kids, Yagnas/Camps/Study groups for parents and for carrying out Chinmaya Mission activities throughout the year.
Registration is open for the 2021-2022 session. Our Fall Session classes will begin August 15th. Please register and pay by July 25th. There will be a $50 after that due date.
NOTE: Marietta location classes will begin after Labor day.
Registration for New families joining Chinmaya Mission Alparetta (CMA):
New family registration is now open. Please create an account to register your family.
The Open house for the new families joining CMAlpharetta will be on August 8th. All parents must attend the open house to get information about all Chinmaya Mission programs and collect books.
The fees for 2021-2022 Aug-May sessions at our main location are as follows: Note: for Marietta location please see Balavihar Marietta
|Family with no kids in Bala Vihar/ Shishu Vihar||$150|
This is CMA membership fee so that you can participate in our Chinmaya Mission yagnas, events and volunteering for them as well as at Balavihar.
|Family with kids||$335 for 1 kid and $520 for 2 or more kids from the same family in our Bala Vihar/Shishu Vihar class. |
If registering in January: $175 for 1 kid and $275 for 2 or more kids.
If child is enrolled for language class, additional $50/kid.This fee is due for each child annually.
This fee includes the cost of Balavihar books (and language class books if enrolled) for the kids.
| NOTE:||Additional $50 registration fee will be charged for registrations after July 25th.|
Note: A substantial portion of the fees is Tax deductible as a charitable contribution. We will send you a combined donation receipt for all your contributions each calendar year.
What is membership fee? Our Bala Vihar, is an integral part of Chinmaya Mission Alpharetta (CMA) and is seen as a family activity to learn, grow and volunteer. Your membership fee helps us to maintain and grow the organization.
CMA provides parents with an avenue to advance in our spiritual pursuits through Study Groups, Gita Classes, Bhajan/Chanting class, Jnana Yagnas (discourses), Service Projects etc.
Active participation in any of these activities – including the invaluable voluntary services performed in Bala Vihar – adds a new fragrance to our spiritual blossoming.
We look forward for your support and active participation in the parent groups!
If you cancel before classes start, full refund will be issued.
Cancellation fee if cancelling in 1 month of registering – $25/child; $25 from the language class fee.
Cancellation fee if cancelling after 1 month of registering but before January – A fixed cancellation fee of $75 + $100/child; $25 from the language class fee.
Cancellation after 1st class in January – no refunds.
CHINMAYA VISION AND VALUES
The goal of Chinmaya Mission Alpharetta, Inc. (CMA) is to instill good values and promote the knowledge of Sanatana Dharma, thereby laying the foundation for becoming a successful individual and a positive contributor to society.
In order to achieve this, we want to ensure a positive learning atmosphere for all kids in the Bala Vihar program. By registering and continuing with Bala Vihar classes, you and your family agree to adhere to the proper Code of Conduct and the Discipline Policy at CMA.
CODE OF CONDUCT
- Abide by the rules and regulations of CMA
- Follow and respect all instructions provided by any CMA activity, program or Bala Vihar facilitators, teachers or volunteers.
- Use language appropriate for a spiritual community in person and on online platforms/social media groups.
- Respect Others.
- Obey the Bala Vihar teacher and their instructions in the classroom.
- Respect the rights, privacy and property of others including, but not limited to, digital licenses and digital platforms.
- Keep your hands and feet to yourself.
- Respect the property and digital platforms licensed by CMA or any other physical location where CMA activities, programs and camps may be held.
- Wear appropriate clothes for activities as suggested by CMA facilitators and teachers.
- Cell phone use for texting, playing games or for any purpose other than what is permitted by the teacher is not allowed in the classroom and assembly.
INAPPROPRIATE, PROHOBITED, DISRUPTIVE OR AGGRESSIVE BEHAVIOR
- Any action or inaction by the student that disrupts the classroom or prevents the teaching in the classroom is considered disruptive behavior.
- Class disruption, disorderly conduct, insubordinate or disrespectful behavior, and willful disobedience is prohibited.
- Biting, hitting, pushing, scratching, bullying ( in person or digital platform), inappropriate or unwelcome physical contact with other students or pulling is considered aggressive behavior.
- Engaging in Inappropriate, Disruptive and Aggressive behavior, as said behavior is defined by the Bala Vihar teacher, facilitator or volunteer, is prohibited.
- Engaging in threatening or taunting acts of physical, sexual or verbal abuse, either in-person or using any of the digital platforms, is strictly prohibited.
- Possession or use of tobacco, alcohol, marijuana, mind-altering drugs or any illegal substance or paraphernalia during CMA sessions is prohibited.
- Possession or use of any type of real or facsimile weapons, including cyber-weapons, hazardous object, or explosive device is prohibited.
- Vulgar and profane language is prohibited.
In the event any action, inaction or behavior requires disciplining the child, the following steps are generally followed. The appropriate disciplinary step is based in context of the severity of the student violation of this policy.
- Verbal Warning: the teacher will make a first attempt to talk to your child, and explain the expected behavior and why the offensive behavior is not allowed.
- Remove and Set Apart: the teacher will remove the child from the rest of the class or have him or her sit in a different area of the classroom for a set amount of time or until the child is ready to participate cooperatively.
- Parent Conference: The parents will be required to meet with the teacher and are expected to talk to their child about proper behavior within the Bala Vihar class.
- Expulsion: Should none of the above resolve the offensive behavior issues with the child, the Bala Vihar administration reserves a right to terminate your child’s participation in the Bala Vihar program.
By continuing to attend the Bala Vihar program you and your family agree to abide by the Code of Conduct for CMA activities, programs, and Bala Vihar, and you understand that any violation of the same could result in you and your family being asked to withdraw from any activities, programs, or Bala Vihar without any refund. CMA reserves the right to modify this policy without any advance notice.
In view of the current situation due to COVID-19, CMA would like to help any family that is having financial hardship due to loss of job. We encourage our members to continue benefiting from the program. When you register, you will see information about how you can get the assistance.
Promotion for new families interested in Bala Vihar:
In order to encourage more families to benefit from our programs, CMA has a promotion June 15th - July 25th - The new family fee of $50 will not be charged.
Please share the promotion information with your family and friends, and if they would like to join CMA, they can Register online.